Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Beautiful Rose for my Mother

I've been busy this week with several different projects, one of which was creating a gift for my mother's birthday. I don't think she knows about this blog so I'm going to share a couple of quick pictures I snapped of the finished project.
I began the project with two different shades of warm pink, a light and a dark pink and then I created a skinner blend to use for the rose petals. I rolled the skinner blend and then ran it back through the pasta machine so I had swirls of different colors. I cut the petals with a round cutter and flattened and shaped the edges as I created the rose.
The picture above kind of gives you the idea about how the petals are shaded. If I have time before Sunday, I will set up my light box and take a better picture that shows the detail more. I think the necklace and coordinating bracelet turned out really pretty. I hope my mother feels the same.
The picture added here shows more of the detail of the rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment