Sunday, October 14, 2012

My First Attempts at Creating with Polymer Clay

Back in July of this year I quit smoking. (Yea me!) I've always enjoyed creating and crafting so in an effort to find something to keep my hands occupied I began to look for some sort of craft and I discovered polymer clay.

Thinking clay might be fun, I bought a package of assorted colors of Sculpey III.  Fortunately Sculpey III is soft enough to condition by hand  because  a rolling pin, my hands and the two little tools that came in the package were all I had to use as I began my polymer clay adventure.:)

I decided to learn a little more about working with clay and found Polymer Clay Central which offers lots of information. I tried some of the tutorials and had lots of fun trying my hand at canework. Most of what I tried was not very good, but I found this tutorial  and turned my messy canes into pretty hearts.

I also made some beads and put together a necklace and bracelet that looked nice enough to wear!  By this time I had gathered enough knowledge about working with polymer clay to know it was something I enjoyed and I made a trip to my local Hobby Lobby for some equipment and supplies. I bought an Amaco clay/pasta machine, a clay blade and some different brands of clay to try and have been happily playing with clay ever since.


No comments:

Post a Comment